Little Rocky Run Tennis/Pickleball Court Rules and Regulations
The Little Rocky Run (LRR) Tennis/Pickleball courts are for the use and enjoyment of LRR residents and guests only and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The LRR Tennis Committee is chartered by the LRR Board of Trustees (BOT) to assist the Little Rocky Run Home Owners Association (HOA) with respect to Tennis/Pickleball activities in LRR and can be reached at email@example.com.
I. ELIGIBILITY – WHO MAY USE THE COURTS:
Only residents, guests and instructors as described below may use the courts. The Tennis/Pickleball Committee can grant use of the courts for practices, matches and tournaments to residents who notify the HOA and the committee at least one week in advance. A schedule of HOA approved instruction and usage will be posted at each of the courts by the Committee and on the HOA website.
II. COURT ACCESS:
A. Fee of $10.00 per key. The key fee will be charged at the time of the initial application. An additional $10.00 fee will be charged when a replacement for a lost or stolen key is requested.
III. PLAYER DEFINITIONS:
Residents: Dues-paying members of the HOA in good standing.
Guest: Guest players who are with a resident.
Instructors: Anyone who receives money for activities/lessons on the LRR courts must have a written agreement with the LRR HOA for use of the courts. Instructors who have entered into a contract with the LRR HOA are allotted blocks of times and specific courts for teaching lessons to residents. A schedule of group lessons with contact information will be posted at each of the courts and on the HOA website. The HOA will not be responsible for contacting residents or acting as an intermediary for tennis/pickleball instructors.
IV. COURT RULES:
The basis for the rules that follow are:
CONSIDERATION– for other players.
COURTESY– towards all.
CONCERN – for our courts and equipment.
- Courts are for Tennis/Pickleball play and practice only – any other use is prohibited.
- A resident may extend the use of the courts to no more than three (3) guests at one time. The resident must be present when their guests are playing.
- Players using the courts for play or practice while others are waiting are limited to one hour unless special permission for extended use has been granted by the LRR tennis/pickleball committee for lessons, matches or tournaments as described above. The next player(s) to get court access will be determined by the respective time of arrival at the courts.
- Proper tennis or court shoes are required (no cleats or any soles that will leave marks or destroy the court surface are allowed).
- Non-players must always stay out of the court areas. Players or spectators who shout, hit balls against the fence, play loud music or any other practice that can be considered annoying to players may be asked to lower their volume.
- Parents are strictly responsible for the conduct of their children.
- No pets, food, alcoholic beverages (except as allowed at Tennis/Pickleball Committee events), play-pens, glass containers or wheeled objects including but not limited to bikes, scooters, strollers or skateboards are allowed on the courts at any time. Tennis ball hoppers or tennis/pickleball ball machines with wheels are allowed.
- Players should clean up after themselves using the trash receptacles next to the court entrances for tennis cans, water bottles or any other trash.
- Weapons are prohibited on all LRR pool/tennis court premises. Weapons include but are not limited to firearms, knives, pepper spray/mace, bombs, and missiles.
V. HOURS OF OPERATION:
7AM until 10pm, Sunday through Thursday and until 11pm, Friday and Saturday.
Little Rocky Run Circle & Sunset Ridge Road/Water Pond Court (2 Courts), next to Recreation Center #1
7AM until dusk
Springstone Drive (3 Courts), next to Union Mill Elementary school and close to Recreation Center #2
Stonefield Drive (2 Courts), next to Recreation Center #3
Any violations of court rules may result in the denial of access and/or tennis/pickleball privileges by the action of the BOT. Violations of the rules including being asked to leave the courts or to wait longer periods than defined above must be reported to the HOA office, 6201 Sandstone Way, Clifton, VA 20124. (703) 830-0411; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, the HOA staff has the authority to require anyone to immediately and/or temporarily leave the tennis/pickleball facility for any infraction of the rules, inappropriate behavior, or when safety is threatened.
VII. QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS:
If residents feel at any time the courts are not being maintained or operated in the best interest of the LRR community, please contact the HOA office (703) 830-0411 or email@example.com
If residents would like to recommend improvements for any of the tennis/pickleball courts or rules, they may email the LRR Tennis/Pickleball Committee; firstname.lastname@example.org